On December 3, 2001, the Chinese government issued a compulsory product certification system. From May 1, 2002, the State Commission began to accept the first batch of 19 large-scale products listed in the mandatory product catalog. Category 132 kinds of product certification applications.
It is a product conformity assessment system implemented by the Chinese government in accordance with the relevant agreements and international rules of the WTO to protect the lives of consumers and animals and plants, protect the environment and protect national security.
China State Administration of Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and the State Certification and Accreditation Administration Committee on December 3, 2001 together issued a "mandatory product certification management regulations", included in the list of 19 categories of 132 kinds of products "unified directory, unified standards And the assessment procedures, unified signs and uniform charges "mandatory certification management. Will be the original "CCIB" certification and the "Great Wall CCEE certification" unified as "China Compulsory Certification" (English name for China Compulsory Certification), its English abbreviation for "CCC", it is also referred to as "3C" certification.
"3C" certification from May 1, 2002 (later postponed to August 1) from the full implementation of the original product safety certification and import safety and quality licensing system abolished the same period. The current mandatory product certification system has been published "mandatory product certification management regulations", "mandatory product certification mark management approach", "the first batch of mandatory product certification product catalog" and "the implementation of mandatory product certification Issue of the notice ". The first batch of products included in the mandatory certification directory, including wire and cable, switches, low-voltage electrical appliances, power tools, household appliances, audio and video equipment, information equipment, telecommunications terminals, motor vehicles, medical equipment, security equipment.
So far, has released a number of products, in addition to the first batch of catalog, but also increased the paint, ceramics, automotive products, toys and other products.
It should be noted that, 3C logo is not a quality mark, but only a basic security certification.
3C certification is mainly through the "unified directory, unified standards, technical regulations, conformity assessment procedures, unified certification mark, unified charges" and other package solutions, completely solve the long-standing product certification system in China, Assessment, duplication of fees and certification and conduct of law enforcement and the establishment of technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment procedures consistent with international rules to facilitate trade facilitation and liberalization.
3C certification is China's mandatory product certification referred to. The main content is summarized in the following areas:
(1) In accordance with the relevant agreements on international trade and international rules, the state shall, in accordance with the law, implement a unified compulsory product certification system for products involving human health and safety, animal and plant safety and health, and environmental protection and public safety. The National Certification and Accreditation Administration Committee shall be responsible for the management and organization and implementation of the national compulsory product certification system.
(2) The main features of the national compulsory product certification system are that the state publishes a unified catalog, establishes the unified applicable national standards, technical rules and implementation procedures, establishes a unified logo logo, and establishes uniform charging standards. Where included in the mandatory product certification directory of the product, must be designated by the national certification body certification, obtain the relevant certificate and impose the certification mark before the factory, import, sales and use of business services.
(3) According to the principle of China's accession to the WTO and the principle of national treatment, there are 138 kinds of products covered by the two systems. The published "Catalog" has deleted the medical ultrasound diagnosis and treatment equipment that was originally included in the compulsory certification management 16 kinds of products, an increase of construction safety glass and other 10 kinds of products, the actual inclusion of "directory" of the mandatory certification of a total of 132 kinds of products.
(4) The state uses a unified sign of compulsory product certification. The new national compulsory certification mark for the name "China Compulsory Certification", the English name for the "China Compulsory Certification", the English abbreviation can be referred to as "3C" logo. After the implementation of the compulsory certification mark in China, will take.
(5) the state to determine the mandatory product certification fees and standards. The development of new fees and fees will be based on the principle of non-profit and reflect the principle of national treatment, taking into account the current charges, and refer to similar foreign certification fees and fees.
(6) The compulsory product certification system shall be implemented on August 1, 2002, and the relevant certification body shall formally accept the application. The original product safety certification system and import safety and quality licensing system since August 1, 2003 abolished.
3C certification is actually the English name "China Compulsory Certification" (China Compulsory Product Certification System) English abbreviation, but also the state of compulsory product certification to use a unified symbol. As a national security certification (CCEE), import safety and quality licensing system (CCIB), China Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) three-in-one "CCC" authoritative certification, the China General Administration of Quality Supervision and the State Commission and the international standards of an advanced Logo, has an irreplaceable importance. At present, China announced the first batch of products that must be mandatory through a total of 19 categories of 13 categories. Mainly include wire and cable, low-voltage electrical appliances, information technology equipment, safety glass, fire products, motor vehicle tires, latex products.
3C logo is generally attached to the product surface, or by molding pressure on the product, a closer look will find a number of small diamond-shaped "CCC" secret mind. Each 3C logo has a random code behind, each random code has a corresponding manufacturer and product. Certification mark issued by the Center in the issuance of mandatory product certification mark, the code has been the corresponding product input to the computer database, the consumer can be through the National Quality Certification Center for coding inquiries.